Friday, March 12, 2010

Newbie

Well, here I am, my first bloggie! Not really sure what to do from here, but I guess I will learn as I go. I was adopted from the Humane Society of Marion County in May 2008. My folks were looking for another kitty, and since they love siameses, well, we were a match made in heaven. Of course, foodlady thinks she really picked out another kitten and I was given to them by mistake. Wonder why she thinks that? She says when they held "me" for the first time, I was cuddly and purring and was so sweet. But I turned out not to be a real affectionate cat that way, so she thinks I was traded with another kitty! Well, they're stuck with me now. For the first ten months living here, I was hell on wheels. Crawling the walls & hanging from artwork, scratching furniture, crawling up the curtains, that sort of thing. I thought it was all normal, but all I heard was FUSA.NO.STOP.IT all the time! Can you imagine? They tried everything under the sun to get me to stop scratching but I foiled them all, guess I'm pretty smart that way. Foodlady was so stressed out by my (bad) behavior she decided to have my toes mutilated and get me declawed. Oh, the horror! She was ALWAYS against that before, but I changed her mind, unbeknowst to me. It was either that or find me a new home, and I surely didn't want that. So I had the procedure done by our very nice VET man. He kept me for two days to make sure I was OK and healing good before he let me go back home. For the first few days I was kind of quiet, guess me feeties were sore, but I was still able to jump on the bed and couch, that sort of thing. Anyway, after a couple weeks the stitches were gone and I felt great. Now, time for a little crawl up the screen (or so I thought). The squirrels were outside taunting me as usual, and I took one huge flying leap to the top of the screen like I normally did, and ....... nothing, no traction, nothing! I fell back so fast and landed on a table and ran inside the house and hid (I'm good at hiding!). I soon learned my old ways were over. But I have adjusted very well and have since turned into a "very good kitty", at least that's what foodlady says.

Anyhoo, I guess that's enough for my first post. Next time I'll fill you in on my antics with Zoe and how she became to be known (by me anyway) as misshissygrowl.

Fusa

No comments:

Post a Comment